I had my first post op check in with my cardiologist today. It looks like this last surgery may have really done the trick! My ekg came back paced at 78 bpm, and the MA ran around the office showing everyone because she was so happy about it. Yeah, I definitely felt the same way.
I still have to lay low for a few more weeks, and I’m told it’ll take a few months to really feel normal again. BUT I am on my way. I’m off all but one of my cardiac meds, and I’m told that if I can make it three months without any sort of arrhythmia, I may be able to come off that one too. I’ve also lost 14 pounds in the last two weeks- they’re thinking a lot of my recent weight gain may have been from cardiac insufficiency and fluid retention. Now that I’m *gasp* normal, I’m losing whatever was left over after all the diuretics in the hospital. My leg swelling it 99% gone, and I’m learning what it’s like to live with a normal heart rate- albeit one that’s 100% pacemaker dependent.
I’m due for an echo on Thursday, a Chest X-ray on Monday and a follow up with my surgeon next Friday. I may have a few words for him about his post op choices, but I can’t really complain. After all, IT WORKED.
Being almost recovered is sort of a strange place to be. But also pretty wonderful.
- rogue-bird likes this
- sjerose said: This is awesome news. I’m so happy for you! :-)
- thisisthelifeichose said: so happy for you! that is great! the 100% paced club- is a good club! we have guaranteed rhythm! i was wondering how you were doing.
- thisisthelifeichose likes this
- bangthesystem likes this
- belligerentbutterfly likes this
- sentrythedefiant likes this
- countingcrowds likes this
- bloodsweatandgreengoo said: Congratulations! I hope everything keeps going well
- bloodsweatandgreengoo likes this
- waterfall likes this
- thisclockworkheart posted this